The Fair Work Ombudsman’s Online Learning Centre has a range of free, interactive courses for employers on subjects including managing employees and record-keeping.
Courses take around 20–40 minutes to complete and can be accessed from your computer and most tablets and mobiles. If you’re a professional, courses may count towards you Continuing Professional Development.
Courses for employers and managers include:
- Difficult conversations in the workplace – get practical tips on how to respond to employee concerns and deliver bad news.
- Hiring employees – find help on the process of attracting, selecting and inducting new employees.
- Managing employees – learn key people management skills and how to deal with problems like absenteeism.
- Managing performance – learn how to promote good employee performance and address underperformance.
- Diversity and discrimination – know how to create an inclusive workplace, prevent discrimination and handle complaints.
- Workplace flexibility – understand your obligations and discover how to make flexibility work for you.
- Record-keeping and pay slips – learn how to make, update and manage employment records for your business.