// WHO WE ARE
The Civil Contractors Federation (CCF) is Australia’s peak civil construction industry body. As the voice of the civil construction industry we advocate for the interests of our members to all levels of government.
With branches in all states and territories, as well as a National Office in Canberra, CCF understands the local, state and national issues facing the civil construction industry.
CCF has two types of memberships. Contractor members, who undertake work as civil construction contractors in the civil construction industry; and associate members, who provide supplies and services to the civil construction industry.The Civil Contractors Federation is the peak representative body for all civil contractors and industry-related suppliers. Membership is available in two categories, Contractor and Associate.
// THE WA BRANCH
In Western Australia, CCF WA represents contractor and associate members across the state.
As a CCF WA member you can be assured we are working hard on your behalf, striving to ensure that:
• You are represented and advocated for – heard at a local, state and national level
• You are informed – provided with sound advice and the latest information
• You are equipped – with access to tools and resources that help your business succeed
• You and your people are well trained – through our industry-specific traineeships and short courses
• You are connected – our events and publications bring you together with useful contacts, suppliers and each other
• You benefit from membership through exclusive member-only offers and discounts.
// WHY YOU SHOULD BE A MEMBER
If your business is a contractor or supplier in the civil construction industry, CCF WA membership gives you the opportunity to join with your peers and be part of a professional community dedicated to raising industry standards.
Membership also gives you access to exclusive member benefits, information and news, and tools and resources. Our varied member services cater for all businesses of all sizes, and our members get the support they need, when they need it.
At CCF WA, we are focused on ensuring our members get the most out of their membership dollar. That is why we have developed and deliver a flexible and multifaceted service offering.
// REPRESENTATION AND ADVOCACY
CCF WA Contractor Membership ensures your business is part of the industry’s united voice on civil contracting matters. When we speak with one voice, we are heard.
CCF WA works closely with state and local governments, and key private sector clients, to address key issues and improve the operating environment for members. We have strong networks and access to key decision makers at major infrastructure delivery agencies.
Our advocacy to government is focused on:
• Increasing opportunities for civil contractors by promoting the benefits of infrastructure investment
• Promoting sustainable procurement policies that ensure opportunities for contractors of all sizes
• Reducing red tape in the form of excessive government regulation, onerous contracts and prequalifications
• Ensuring a ‘fair go’ for all contractors through open and transparent tendering and procurement
CCF WA is committed to ensuring the civil construction industry is professionally represented. It does this by:
• consulting with industry on key issues affecting the industry
• representing the industry on government and industry panels and working groups
• advocating for the views of the industry to all levels of government through various channels
• responding to government reviews on a range of issues
• developing, distributing and promoting policies on various issues
To ensure it is accurately representing the views of the industry, CCF WA actively seeks input from members on a range of policy issues and utilises that feedback to formulate its positions. We seek member input through direct engagement, email/e-news requests, and through sector-specific advisory groups.
// INFORMATION AND NEWS
Through our fortnightly e-news, CCF WA keeps members up to date with the latest information on a wide variety of relevant issues including government policies and regulations, industrial relations and Fair Work changes, safety, workers’ compensation, tenders and contracts, prequalifications, regulations, training including funding programs, general industry news – anything we think will be useful to members.
Our quarterly magazine, ONSITE, contains news, policy updates, expert opinion pieces from associate members, interviews with key industry stakeholders, project profiles, event coverage and more. See ‘Resources’ at bottom of this page for pdfs of recent issues.
We also encourage members to share their company news and events with the industry via our publications.
// RESOURCES AND EXPERTISE
Need help with compliance requirements or interpreting legislation, regulations, tender documents, contracts? CCF WA is just a phone call away. If we can’t help you, we will connect you with the experts who can – and may be able to pay for the consultation.
CCF WA’s range of tools and resources have been developed to assist members with the day-to-day operations of their business. Pro-forma documents available include Minor Contracts and Subcontractor Contracts, Plant Inspection and Plant Hire booklets.
CCF WA’s Jandakot Skill Centre has first-class facilities for the professional delivery of a variety of events, such as meetings or in-house training. CCF WA members enjoy a 20 per cent discount on room hire.
// EVENTS AND AWARDS
CCF WA’s events are designed to entertain, inform and provide networking opportunities for members. From our Industry Roundtables, which give members close access to key government decision-makers, to our Gala Dinners and Golf Days, there is an event to suit you.
Our two major awards programs, the Earth Awards (for projects) and the Industry & Training Awards (for individuals and companies) are popular with members and well-respected in the broader industry.
Associate members can promote their businesses through sponsorship of events and awards.
We know civil construction training; it’s all we do. Through our registered training organisation, Civil Train, CCF WA offers high-quality, nationally recognised training at Certificate II, III and IV level. With State Government policies requiring head contractors and their subcontractors to meet trainee/apprentice target rates, a Civil Construction Traineeship through Civil Train can be a vital part of your business development plan.
We also offer short courses in skills such as locating underground services, PVC pipelaying, concrete sawing, working at heights, confined space and gas pipelaying. Members receive a special member rate for most courses.
// BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Built by contractors for contractors, CCF’s Business Management System (BMS) is a unique business tool aimed at assisting and supporting your business.
Created by industry experts who know what it means to be a civil contractor, it has been developed by the very people who know the problems you are facing in today’s industry, and in turn offers a fast, mobile, readily accessible system solution that can be tailored to fit your business model to perfection.
Features of the CCF BMS include:
• Detailed tender and project estimations
• Integrated daily job tracking including internal and external labour and plant hire
• Subcontractor contract management
• Job and business performance management
• Cash flow management at job and business levels
• Cloud based facilities available for hosting of your system at competitive rates
// PARTNERSHIPS & SPECIAL OFFERS
CCF WA has partnerships with a range of organisations that support the civil construction industry, including workplace relationships experts, lawyers, compliance experts, finance and insurance specialists and other consultants to help our members save money.
Thanks to our network of experts and in-house knowledge of the industry, the answer to that tricky question is usually just a phone call away.
Contractor members also receive member-only promotions and discount offers from associate members.
// MORE INFORMATION
For more information on becoming a member, or to join today, contact CCF WA on (08) 9414 1486 or email@example.com.
- CCF WA Onsite Magazine Q4 2017
- CCF WA Onsite Magazine Q3 2017
- CCF WA Onsite Magazine Q2 2017
- CCF WA Onsite Magazine Q1 2017
- CCF WA Onsite Magazine Winter 2016
- CCF WA Onsite Magazine Autumn 2016
- CCF WA Onsite Magazine Spring 2015
- CCF WA Onsite Magazine Summer 2016
- CCF WA Onsite Magazine Winter 2015
- CCF WA Onsite Magazine Autumn 2015
- CCF WA Membership flyer