As the peak body for the civil construction industry, one of CCF WA’s key activities is proactive industry representation and advocacy to all levels of government, government agencies and other industry bodies.
CCF WA is represented on a number of state and national committees and is focused on ensuring our industry has a strong voice to debates around issues affecting our members.
Active on the National Stage
Our CCF National office regularly engages with the Federal Government to promote the views of the industry on issues such as industrial relations, workplace health and safety, federal infrastructure investment, climate change, national standards and taxation. CCF National regularly develops industry position papers and submissions aimed at influencing government policy and subsequently the operating environment of our members.
Active across the State
At a state level we are also focused on engaging and influencing government at both a political and operational level. CCF WA meets as required with ministers and senior government staff to promote the interest of members.
Advocacy is undertaken across the full spectrum of government activities such as contractor pre-qualifications, government works to tender; safety, environmental management, industrial relations, training and education, tax, planning and local government issues.
Active across Industries
CCF WA works closely with all key Government departments and agencies whose decisions affect the civil construction industry. CCF WA has established a number of standing committees within relevant industry government agencies to ensure issues can be raised and ultimately resolved.
Where issues are more complex, CCF will often partner with government to form working groups to resolve issues. These groups usually form around a single issue and convene only for the period of time needed to achieve the outcome.
- WA Road Construction and Maintenance Industry Advisory Group
- WARC & MIAG Infrastructure Delivery Group
- Traffic Management for Roadworks Advisory Group
- Strategic Reference Group
- CCF WA/ WP Liaison Group
- Utility Providers Services Committee
- Urban Development Advisory Council
- Urban Development Advisory Council – Technical
- Civil Construction LandCorp Committee
- WorkSafe – CCF Liaison Group
Construction Training Fund
- Construction Industry Strategic Group
- Construction Industry Working Group
Building Industry Group
- Members include: MBA, Master Plumbers, NECA
Dial Before You Dig
- Dial Before You Dig WA Board
Electrical Industry Council
- Convened by the National Electrical Council of Australia
- Roads Foundation Board